Content IQ, Freelance Headline Editor (Remote)
Exciting opportunity for a talented freelance Headline Editor with a flair for viral online content to work with Content IQ – one of the fastest-growing publishers on the internet. What makes people click on a certain image or headline? We want you to help answer that question.
Strong writing and image-sourcing skills are a must for this creatively challenging position. You’ll also thrive on finding interesting and exciting ways to reframe stories and titles to repeatedly engage our diverse audiences.
We're an online publisher producing awesome articles on a bunch of interesting topics, and we get tens of millions of visitors every month.
The role will involve working remotely, in contact with members of the editorial team. Take a look at our site, Scribol.com; a degree of cultural fit is important for the role, as is an interest in U.S. pop culture.
Attributes and Skills:
- Excellent headline writing and editing skills – with the ability to come up with attention-grabbing, engaging and clickable titles
- Excellent picture sourcing skills – and knowledge of image editing software – with the ability to find eye-catching and compelling images from various sources around the web
- Highly organised – with the ability to handle deadlines while maintaining a consistently high level of performance
- Excellent communication skills – with the ability to liaise effectively with editorial team members
- Adaptability to subjects as diverse as history, human interest, pop culture, lifestyle, crime and science
- Experience in online publishing together with a flair for viral content
- Ability to work with basic spreadsheets and accurately record data
This should be a fun and challenging role that will tie into great content on Content IQ’s websites.
The People We’re Looking For
At Content IQ, we value trailblazers who have great ideas and relish a challenge. We value loyalty and hard work, but we also welcome a sense of humour and people who don’t take themselves too seriously.
- You’re an excellent headline writer who’s passionate about promoting engaging content for different audiences on a variety of platforms.
- You’re highly energetic, proactive and self-motivated. You’re the kind of person who likes to make things happen. You get things done.
- You’re productive and work fast, but this is coupled with meticulousness, good editorial sense and commercial nous.
- You’re a stickler for quality.
- You have a high degree of personal organisation and are able to plan ahead and manage your time to meet deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re passionate about the latest developments in online publishing in general and viral content in particular.
- You’re a fast learner who’s open to constructive criticism.
- You work well within a team.
To apply, click 'APPLY NOW' and complete the application form.
IMPORTANT: When applying, please include:
- Three links to articles each of which you think are likely to engage our readers
- For each of the above articles, three of your own alternative titles that, while accurately reflecting the content, are more likely to make a reader click through
- The maximum amount of hours that you would be available to work in a given week with Content IQ
Content IQ is an online publisher covering an awesome mix of the most bizarre, funny and fascinating news on the planet. Our aim? To entertain and inform readers about offbeat and extraordinary things they’ve never seen before – with content that will surprise and inspire while offering a unique take on what’s going on in the world. In short, we want to make people go “wow!” – and learn something, too. Our content covers history, lifestyle and pop culture.