Waitrose Food Magazine, Food Assistant
Who we are
John Brown has been the world’s leading content marketing agency for nearly 30 years. We firmly believe that brands need to stop interrupting what people are interested in and be what people are interested in.
Our content is informed by data-lead insight, crafted by leading editors and journalists, and precision targeted. We call this ‘human-centric content that connects’.
We have grown across 8 agencies world-wide and enjoy long-term partnerships with progressive customer-centric brands such as Waitrose, BMW, Pets at Home, Mini, Virgin & John Lewis.
Supporting the Food Editor and Deputy Food Editor in creating and developing recipe content for Waitrose Food magazine. Brings knowledge of seasonality, recipe writing and testing, and the latest food/drink trends. Able to write about food and food related matter in an engaging and interesting fashion.
- Assisting in planning the food/cookery content of each issue.
- Coming up with inspiring ideas and themes for each issue, and keeping the food content fresh and relevant to the magazine’s readership.
- Helping maintain the test kitchen (Ensuring it is tidy and the laundry is done regularly) and helping to ensure all recipe content is triple-tested and works.
- Recipe creation.
- Editing recipe copy into house-style.
- Approaching chefs/food writers or their agents. (You will have a good idea of which chefs and food writers would be interesting to the Waitrose Food reader.)
- Regular liaison with the art desk and attendance at shoots to oversee styling etc where appropriate.
- Ensure all tested recipes are sent for nutritional or food safety analysis.
- Deal with reader queries regarding recipes, responding to letters, emails and phone calls where needed.
- Processing invoices (and chasing where appropriate etc) and ensuring that the cost-log is completed accurately and on time each month.
- Attendance at regular planning meetings and/or marketing briefings at John Brown or at Bracknell (or elsewhere).
- Takes the Initiative & Adapts (Agile)
- Innovates for clients and John Brown (Pioneering)
- Delivers Results (Ambitious)
- Takes Accountability (Responsible)
- Collaborates internally and externally (Collaborative)
What you’ll get from us
dentsu international is a fantastic place to work with many great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, Pension, Cycle to Work Scheme, and get your Birthday day off!
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but as part of a multinational organisation there are many opportunities to advance your career within the wider business once you have proven yourself.
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns.
We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.