Employee Benefits, Reporter
Employee Benefits, the UK’s leading brand for reward professionals, is looking for a talented, dynamic reporter.
The reporter is responsible for researching and producing high-quality news and feature articles to serve the needs of the reward and benefits industry, and continually grow Employee Benefits’ audience.
Experience of the industry is desirable but not essential, but the jobholder will be required to develop and maintain strong industry contacts, and represent the brand at events.
- Seeking out and investigating news and features stories via contacts, and other media.
- Producing high-quality, error-free news and features that attract readers, engage website users and impact on the market place.
- Interviewing people in a range of different circumstances and contacting people in industry for publishable opinions/quotes.
- Looking for press releases and announcements in addition to responding to tip-offs and cold calling employers to get exclusive news stories.
- Ensuring all articles written for the web maximise SEO and Yoast through links, tagging, cross heads and related articles.
- Writing briefings based on current news items.
- Attending provider/network conferences as appropriate and reporting on conferences and roundtables.
- Writing 4-5 features a month
- Pitching ideas/stories in monthly features meeting.
- Commissioning industry opinion columns
- Setting fortnightly online polls
- Scheduling editorial and marketing tweets and Linkedin posts.
- Assisting with administrative tasks, such as helping at events.
- Building up contacts and maintaining relationships by working through contacts provided, at Employee Benefits events and new sources.
- Ensuring that relationship with contacts are maintained and finding new sources.
- Sourcing contacts that are unknown/unused by rivals in the market.
- Understanding of the brand and competitive market in order to discuss with editorial team and contacts, confidently and professionally.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Journalism experience (minimum 1-2 years).
- Strong news sense.
- Feature writing skills.
- Proven track record of working in a high volume business with tight deadlines.
- Strong digital experience of working with online web systems, SEO and social media.
- Strong contacts book.
- Understanding of the industry.
- Balanced judgement
Click APPLY NOW and send us your CV and covering letter.