Deputy Production Editor
PinkNews is the number one media brand for the global LGBT+ community, Generation Z and those who think like Generation Z. Our mission is to inform, inspire change and empower people to be themselves.
We are seeking an experienced video content producer and editor to step into the role of Deputy Production Editor to help lead and grow our video and social content offering across Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and leading on any video content needed for PinkNews’ owned and operated platforms.
We are looking for a super creative individual, with a thorough understanding of the language of video content and what works across social media for a Gen Z audience.
Working alongside another Deputy Production Editor, you will be responsible for helping to manage the development, creation, production, editing and delivery of engaging, fun and innovative concepts across a broad range of video and branded content.
At PinkNews we have a strong culture of learning and development and we are looking for someone with previous line management experience, as the Deputy Production Editor will help supervise the teams workflow and mentor and line manage some of the producers.
This is an exciting time to join PinkNews. Our hardworking team delivers breaking news, quality journalism, original and entertaining content, live and digital events and bespoke products and services to a diverse and global audience.
- Work closely with senior members of the production team to develop and implement a video content and production strategy across all PinkNews platforms, both third party and owned and operated, including but not limited to Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube and our website
- Lead on creative and video concepts across all of PinkNews' channels
- Monitor and track trends to help make decisions on what content is resonating with our audience
- Prioritise relevant content creation and platform management against identified PinkNews business goals
- Across all channels, day-to-day oversight of the producers; resource planning, assigning tasks, reviewing work, delegating where appropriate
- Film and edit video content using Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects
- Ensure all material used is copyright cleared or the correct permissions have been sought
- Live the PinkNews values, be an inspiring leader and help to develop our amazing production team
- A keen news sense and interest in the LGBT+ community
- Thorough knowledge and experience of social and video content production across all platforms
- Have a working knowledge of journalistic standards, whilst making room to grow the PinkNews editorial tone of voice
- Be adept at producing pacey and engaging social video content to tight deadlines
- Have a highly creative approach to visual storytelling and feed into growing the PinkNews audience through content
- A strong self-shooter with a well developed understanding of composition, lighting, audio, narrative etc
- Inspiring, encouraging and compassionate leadership skills
- Belief in equality for all
Skills and experience
- 3 + years working in social media and video production
- Sound knowledge of media law
- Excellent command of Photoshop, Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with commercial and sponsored content
- Competitive salary + pension
- 30 days’ annual leave including bank hols
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Great development opportunities
- Fun, hardworking, social team environment
- Please click 'APPLY NOW' and send a copy of your CV, cover letter and examples of your work through Cision Jobs! We look forward to hearing from you.
- PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.
**We value all applications however please note that due to the volume we receive we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates. Thank you for understanding**