AFPTV, Video Producer (6mo FTC)
Start date: April 1st
Duration: 6 months
AFPTV is offering an exciting opportunity to work as a video producer in London. You will work on the very busy Europe and Africa desk.
Among other tasks, you will edit and prepare videos for clients, compile packages of b-roll and file footage, source UGC and videos from external providers, cut from live feeds and help adapt voiced packages into English and French, as well as create digital ready to publish videos.
You will contribute to the speed of delivery of the breaking news story and to the quality our video service. There may also be some limited shooting opportunities or field producing.
He or she will have to ensure the reliability of news covered and respect for the agency's editorial policy. Candidates should be familiar with the issues involved in handling user generated content and AFP’s guidelines concerning the use of UGC.
Candidates should bring a multi-media approach to the job and expect to coordinate closely with text reporters and photographers. The role requires shift and weekend work.
- A self-starter with exceptional organizational and multi-tasking abilities, you will be passionate about video news, have native English and an excellent level of French. Other languages are a plus.
- Previous experience as a producer, knowledge of the needs of big broadcasters and international experience will be a plus too.
- Honed digital non-linear editing skills, preferably on Qube or Adobe Premiere are a must.
- Filming skills are a plus.
- You should have an interest in social media and participate in social networking (Facebook, Twitter) on a voluntary basis.
Click APPLY NOW and send your CV and covering letter.