CRN, Senior Reporter
Incisive Media is a fast-growing information provider, serving a wide range of financial and business technology markets globally. The multi-award-winning firm is an entrepreneurial, creative and digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media.
Overview of Role
CRN is seeking a talented and hard-working technology business reporter to join its team.
A leader in the UK market for several decades and part of multi-award-winning publisher Incisive Media, CRN provides news and analysis to professionals in the IT channel community in the UK. The title’s audience sells and services technology from IT vendors including Microsoft, AWS, Cisco and HP.
What you will be doing:
We are looking for a driven reporter with experience either at a local news outlet or a similar business-to-business title. Candidates should be keen to develop their career at a business-to-business publisher covering the technology sales market, but no prior knowledge of the topic area is expected.
Some international travel to conferences in Europe and the US may be required (post Covid only).
As a senior reporter, you will:
- Learn about CRN’s audience and the issues facing them
- Help set the editorial direction of the CRN brand
- Build a network of valuable contacts in your area of responsibility
- Devise a constant stream of engaging story ideas that are valuable to CRN’s audience of IT vendors, distributors and resellers
- Deliver regular exclusive stories to help distinguish CRN from its competitors
- Produce news to tight deadlines for CRN’s daily newsletter
- Interview top-level executives, both face-to-face (post-Covid) and over the phone/Zoom
- Produce short and long-form analysis of key trends and market shifts in your area of responsibility
- Cover international conferences of the big technology vendors, including Microsoft, AWS and Apple, either digitally or face to face, which may occasionally require working outside normal office hours
- Present and/or provide a V/O for video, participate in podcasts and chair events with appropriate training
- Distribute stories on social media – including your own account
- Monitor the competition to ensure CRN stays ahead in your area of responsibility
How to Apply:
Are you keen to join the Incisive Family? Click on ‘APPLY’ to start your journey.
If this isn’t the right job for you then perhaps you have a friend who might be suitable? Click on ‘Refer a friend’ on our site to recommend someone.
We look forward to welcoming you on board!
What you can expect from us:
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people in media, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career at Incisive Media, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts.
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Remote working
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Health Cash Plan (company paid)
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Gym membership Discounts
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IM Foundation – staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others. (Post COVID)
Plus a number of salary sacrifice benefits including cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments and many more!