Lifestyle Consumer Writer - Express.co.uk
Reach PLC is looking for a Consumer Writer to join its growing affiliates team. The right candidate will be part of our Content Commercialisation team, writing e-commerce driven content covering a range of consumer and lifestyle topics to drive traffic and affiliate revenue on Express.co.uk.
Our ambition is to continue to expand and develop our consumer content on Express.co.uk, offering our growing audience authoritative, engaging and informative buying guides, money-saving deals and news stories about products and services they are interested in and want to buy.
If you are a consumer, lifestyle, or travel writer with lots of entrepreneurial flair, who is commercially savvy and bursting with lots of creative ideas we want to hear from you.
So who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. Reach plc is home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and of course, the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What you will be doing?
- Be a part of a small yet dynamic team that creates interesting and engaging editorial content that drives affiliate revenue.
- Work with our wider editorial, social and SEO teams to deliver content that is on brand and seamlessly integrates commerce and content whilst driving traffic.
- Act as an evangelist for the concept of content commercialisation within the wider business, providing support and best practice guidelines to wider editorial teams when required.
- Support the commercial Digital Partnerships team by creating compelling content that drives users to our partner services.
- Track revenue and conversion of content created and provide reports and insights for the wider teams where necessary.
- Confidently use branded social media platforms to promote content.
Who are we looking for?
- A journalist with solid writing ability and proven experience working on a digital platform (ideally a minimum of one year's experience).
- Has a solid understanding and interest in general consumer trends and the hottest new products.
- Works to a high standard under tight deadlines and is flexible in approach and attitude to work.
- Has good working knowledge of SEO and an ability to generate daily stories using the latest search trends is a must.
- Has strong PR relationships to help source the best stories, exclusive scoops and the best deals.
- A data geek who can confidently use a range of analytical tools (Google Analytics, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Semrush or similar) and data to drive revenue and traffic.
- Commercially switched on and an excellent communicator.
- Good design sense and basic Photoshop skills favourable.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.