International Investment, Editor
Incisive Media is an entrepreneurial and creative, digital-facing organisation on the cutting edge of media. Working in our two core markets, financial services and technology we provide analyst-grade insight, business intelligence and access to specialist networks of business professionals.
Overview of Role
International Investment is seeking a new editor after the successful incumbent decided to pursue his career in France.
The brand was launched in 1997 and is now the leading title meeting the information needs of investment professionals worldwide. These include international independent financial advisers and wealth management professionals who serve expatriate and cross-border clients around the world.
II keeps its readers up-to-date through its website - https://www.internationalinvestment.net/ - as well as daily newsletters and ezines. It also runs a portfolio of events, including the prestigious International Investment Awards, which are staged either in-person or (since Covid-19) digitally.
The new editor of II will be expected to build on the current editor’s success, evolving the content strategy for the brand, develop strong contacts among investment professionals in our chosen sectors and geos, investigate original, valuable stories and present them in the most suitable format – news, analysis, long-form, research reports, video or podcast.
The editor will also seek out experts from within the community to write to the site, and recommend suitable contacts to act as speakers, panelists, and judges at our ‘in person’ and digital events.
In addition, the site’s special reports require assiduous project management – ie the schedule, freelancers/production and ensuring external/sponsor content is written and edited on time.
The editor will be required to be one of the faces and voices of the brand: fronting video and podcasts, and (on occasions) hosting digital (and in time, f2f) events.
As with any editor role, ideas – particularly money-spinning ones that help to grow the brand – energy and drive should come as standard.
What we value:
Our ideal candidate will already be a proven editor, or an ambitious deputy or section editor seeking a step up and the chance to front their own brand.
The successful individual will have:
- A proven track-record as a journalist and editor/section editor
- Expertise in front of the camera and behind a microphone
- Experience of hosting f2f events and public speaking
- An understanding of investment, and finance more generally
- A strong understanding of II’s commercial proposition – and ideas on how to grow the business using market-knowledge and contacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven research and analytical skills
- Very strong attention to detail and effective time management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to build business relationships at all levels
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team within a pressurised environment with tight deadlines
What you can expect from us:
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people in Media, we operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career at Incisive Media, tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training. Based in a fantastic location at the heart of London’s Covent Garden, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
We also offer a range of benefits including:
- Remote working
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Health Cash Plan (company paid)
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Gym membership Discounts
- Retail discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- IM Foundation – staff can volunteer a small amount of their time to contribute their skills and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others. (Post COVID)
Plus a number of salary sacrifice benefits including cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments and many more!
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.