Archant, Chief Reporter - North London
We are looking for a Chief Reporter to help lead our news team in north London.
Working with the Editor, the successful candidate will take the lead on the Islington and Hackney Gazettes and the Brent & Kilburn Times, supervising reporters to ensure the titles drive the news agenda. The Chief Reporter will also deputise for the Editor on the Ham&High.
It is a role that will involve finding innovative ways to tell the important stories across platforms, growing and developing the connection with our core audience. The Chief Reporter will engage with the community, encouraging collaboration and contributed content.
The Chief Reporter will be responsible for publishing content, ensuring it is legally sound and meets standards of journalistic integrity.
The successful candidate will live in London and be able to network and meet with communities of North London, they will have a strong journalistic background and be able to work from home.
IT IS ESSENTIAL YOU HAVE:
- Senior NQJ qualification or equivalent is absolutely essential.
- Newsroom experience
- Problem solver and open to change
- Proven history of creating engaging content
- Ability to network amongst the local community
- Confident digital and social media skills
- Ability to create / use video to bring stories to life
- Confident in digging out and creating new ideas and stories
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary up to £24,000
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Annual volunteer day
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click APPLY NOW and send your CV and covering letter to us ASAP.
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
We reserve the right to change the closing date at any time during the recruitment process, so please apply asap as we will be dealing with applications as soon as they arrive.