Research Manager, PEI - NY
PEI is the only global B2B information group focused exclusively on private equity, private real estate, private debt, infrastructure, and investing. As these classes continue to grow in scale and significance – for investors, fund managers, financial practitioners, and other service industries globally – PEI is positioned to provide unparalleled business knowledge and intelligence to these communities.
Formed in London in November 2001, PEI publishes globally recognized magazines and news websites, manages an extensive set of databases dedicated to alternative assets, runs more than 50 market-leading conferences globally, and publishes a large library of specialist books.
Purpose of Role
The research manager is responsible for leading and developing a team of researchers in PEI’s New York City office. The postholder is also responsible for managing processes and projects, both in the U.S. and across other PEI offices, to deliver high quality research projects and to drive improvements in the quality of data and research presented to customers.
- Line management of team of researchers including hiring, performance management and professional development
- Manage team to carry out research on defined lists of investors and managers in alternative assets to required quality and quantity.
- Drive improvements in the quality and expand the quantity of data maintained by PEI
- Process management, including running department-wide functions and operations
- Project management of a number of PEI’s department-wide research studies and projects, including market surveys
- Responsibility for creating excellent analytical and written content based on PEI’s data sets
- Occasional on-stage presentation of PEI data at industry events
- Responsibility for managing client research requests in a timely fashion, to meet customer requirements and keeping within resource constraints
- Build and maintain close working relationship with research teams in London and Hong Kong
- Build and maintain close and strong working relationship with senior colleagues in the NYC office, including management, editorial, sales and events colleagues
- Maintain excellent working knowledge of all alternative asset classes
- Some experience of managing a team of researchers in delivery of data products
- First-rate attention to detail and acceptance of only the highest standards
- Commitment to the achievement of results and targets by accepting responsibility, owning the task, and applying effective application of effort and resources combined with passion, belief and energy
- Seizes the initiative and recommends courses of action or ways in which things could be done better; Does not require hand-holding and close management
- Comfortable managing others to increase efficiency and output through rigorous process and performance management
- Clear communicator, both verbally and in written form
- Excellent excel skills
- Experience of managing external supplier relationships preferred
- Maintaining consistency of performance under pressure and/or opposition
- Managing own and/or others time to make sure that tasks are properly prioritized and time/resources used efficiently
- Strong written communication skills with extreme care to quality presentation; excellent numeracy skills
- Making timely decisions in line with the business objectives; prioritising information to judge the correct course of action; Stepping into problem areas and working out the appropriate solution
Location & Hours:
Full time role based in NYC. Home-based role until circumstances allow a return to the office.
Reports to: Director of Research (in London)
Direct Reports: Team of five
Contract: Full time
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.