Future Homes, Houses Editor
About the Team
The creative heart of the homes and gardens portfolio, this 20-strong content generation team brings together best-in-the-business editors, writers and stylists that plan, produce and deliver content from print to digital, syndication to commercial.
We are the UK’s most-viewed and most-read homes media, covering Ideal Home, Homes & Gardens, Country Homes & Interiors, Livingetc, Style At Home, 25 Beautiful Homes, Woman & Home, Easy Gardens, Amateur Gardening.
With industry-leading content categories – Reader homes, Gardens and gardening, Style and decorating, Expert features and News and Shopping – our aim is to craft and create the most happening, beautiful and exciting content for our ever-changing audiences and clients.
As Houses Editor, your role is championing and delivering contemporary houses content across the Future Homes portfolio for print, digital and video. You’ll source, arrange shoots and write reader home stories for Livingetc and its sister titles, and contribute digital and social stories.
- Source and create best-in-the-business contemporary house content for print and digital as required.
- Propose and produce original stories that tick the boxes for our high-end, affluent and design-led audiences.
- Deliver content across all platforms to deadline, to budget and to the workflow.
- Write and post social media content.
- Work closely with commercial stakeholders to maximise revenue possibilities.
- Represent Homes Content team on panel discussions, previews and events.
- Nurture relationships with the in-crowd, designers and industry insiders.
What do I need to succeed?
- Excellent content creator with strong visual eye and proven journalistic skills.
- Passion for, and understanding of, the homes sector, and specifically contemporary interior design.
- Proven contemporary interior design contact book.
- Be able to demonstrate and deliver top-flight content on a consistent basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and collaborate with the other Houses Editors.
- Adept at working across all media platforms.
- A passion for pushing yourself - driving new editorial leads and innovations.
- A great communicator – both with the industry and the wider Future team
- Correct and effective use of the workflow systems.
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.