The Sun, Senior Digital Consumer Reporter
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Purpose of role:
We are looking for a full-time consumer affairs reporter to write for our rapidly growing website. Our team award-winning team writes about a massive range of topics, whether it's testing the best oven chips, a campaign feature into Universal Credit or explaining how budget changes affect readers.
The position would suit a reporter or staff writer looking for a step up or an experienced freelancer looking to move into a staff position.
In-depth knowledge of consumer, personal finance and money saving topics
- Bags of ideas and the proven ability to cover breaking news stories, write engaging features, while finding and filing agenda-leading exclusives
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to deliver vibrant and clean copy to very tight deadlines
- Have strong contacts in your field and understand the Sun Online audience
- Ability to write brilliant headlines in the famous Sun style and produce sparkling copy at speed.
- Knowledge of social media, SEO and web publishing
- Enthusiasm, imagination and a notebook full of ideas are all essential
- Being a self-starter is key – and you will need to thrive under the pressure of a busy newsroom.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
- At least two years experience as a reporter or journalist
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.