Mergermarket, Freelance Correspondent - France
Mergermarket is a business development tool designed specifically for the M&A sector, providing proprietary intelligence and analysis on corporate strategy before that strategy becomes public knowledge. Our network of M&A Journalists and Analysts talk to CEOs, CFO’s and industry contacts, reporting what they learn to Mergermarket subscribers. Together with our specialised analysis and data, this creates an indispensable resource for M&A professionals.
We are currently looking for a freelance Correspondent to report on M&A activity as part of our France Bureau. The successful candidate will join our global network of over 500 Acuris dedicated journalists, You’ll work within a fast-paced team writing on French middle market M&A content and will produce off diary articles based on interviews with C-level executives. You will also have the chance to write about private equity and news scoops on significant deals involving both listed and private targets.
This freelance role would include:
- Producing exclusive articles and breaking news including in the outlying regions of France, by interviewing decision makers, CEOs’, bankers, lawyers and other sources
- Attending key conferences, trade fairs and relevant industry events (post-lockdown) in order to conduct sideline exclusive interviews
- Working independently and in collaboration with Team France and the wider team of reporters in EMEA
- Working closely with our sister products, especially Dealreporter, which is integrated with Mergermarket editorial; as well as other Acris products, including Parr, Debtwire and Inframation Group where appropriate
- Should have excellent English and French speaking and writing skills,
- Able to bring good reporting experience from another financial news service, newspaper or online publication to the table.
- Well driven and tenacious
- Able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team
- Be eligible to work in France.
Acuris will provide you with the training and support needed.
This a freelance position with a competitive rate for six months in the first instance.