Sunday Mirror/Sunday People, TV Editor, (Maternity contract)
The Sunday Mirror and the Sunday People are looking for an impressive and experienced TV Editor to work across both titles.
TV is a huge part of life for our readers and we need someone who can deliver agenda-setting stories and unparalleled access to TV stars. We need a candidate who will immerse themselves in all things TV from Love Island to Loose Women, Soaps to news and crime documentaries.
This 12-month maternity contract is a perfect opportunity to make an impact on two of the nation's greatest loved news titles.
So who are we?
We are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. Reach plc is home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and of course, the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Producing and editing weekly Sunday Mirror TV column, sourcing exclusive stories, images and competitions to make it a vibrant part of the paper
- Coming up with new ideas daily for front of the book, including exclusive, agenda-setting news stories as well as telly features and interview pieces
- Meeting deadlines and maintaining copy flow
- Work closely with the showbiz editor and newsdesk
- Interviewing the biggest names in TV, covering events and roundtables
- Being organised by keeping on top of the events diary and upcoming TV shows, anniversaries etc
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent writing skills, ability to write snappy stories as well as in depth features
- Significant experience at a national newspaper or magazine
- Proven track record of bringing in exclusives
- Extensive contacts book and excellent relationships with PRs and stars
- In depth knowledge of and enthusiasm for all things TV and showbiz
- Commissioning and managing freelancers
- NCTJ or equivalent
- Legal training/IPSO knowledge
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.