Newsweek, SEO Editor
Newsweek is seeking an SEO Editor to join our London team.
We’re looking for an experienced newsroom editor who can monitor top SEO keywords and trending data, can assign and edit quickly and cleanly in a fast-paced environment and can plan coverage for upcoming events effectively.
You will be responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work from our London, Canary Wharf office or remotely in the UK. All staff are temporarily working from home due to the Covid-19 situation.
- Editing multiple stories a day across multiple beats and topics
- Assign stories based on trending search terms and relevant keywords.
- Offer advice to editors and journalists on optimising stories for search
- Follow AP Style
- Forward planning for known news events
- Build out long-tail evergreen content for the site
- Expand site’s topic pages and tag existing articles
- Candidates should have experience leading an SEO team at a reputable organization
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Detailed knowledge and experience with SEO and online journalism
- Experience commissioning and editing long-tail articles
- Familiar with SEO tools e.g. Google Trends
- Flexible with hours
Click 'APPLY NOW'.