Newsweek, Weekend Editor
Newsweek is seeking an editor to lead our weekend coverage in the London bureau. We’re looking for an experienced news editor who can oversee a team of writers, develop fresh angles for coverage, and assign and edit quickly and cleanly.
The Weekend Editor should be well versed in multiple topics and have experience reporting on and leading U.S. politics coverage.
You are responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
You will have the ability to work from home anywhere in the UK or from our London, Canary Wharf office. All staff are temporarily working from home due to the Covid-19 situation.
You will work Friday to Monday, or Friday to Tuesday.
Part time or full time position available.
- Working quickly, yet accurately, to assign breaking news coverage and cover trending topics
- Editing multiple stories a day across multiple beats and topics
- Writing original stories
- Forward planning for known news events
- Following AP Style
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area
- Experience leading and editing a news team
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. politics
- Strong knowledge of SEO and online journalism
- Flexible with hours