Women's Health, Digital Writer - Freelance
At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join Women’s Health us as our Digital Writer Freelancer to start next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and at Women’s Health, the leaders in female health and wellness journalism. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
The team at Women’s Health are passionate about empowering women to put themselves first and become their healthiest selves, through expert and science-backed advice and award-winning journalism.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The digital writer for Women’s Health is responsible for writing SEO features for the site with specific focus on ecommerce, nutrition and developing our Healthy Mums channel.
SEO is at the heart of our online strategy; as Digital Writer, they will work closely with the content and wider ecommerce teams to grow organic traffic and site revenue through strategic updates and original, well optimised features. They will also have the opportunity to take ownership over our Healthy Mums channel and influence strategy across this section. They will also contribute SEO features to our nutrition section.
- To monitor and update existing ecommerce features
- To write new ecommerce features
- To facilitate contributions from central ecommerce team and fashion team
- Reporting on site revenue and features traffic
- To help develop the content strategy for Healthy Mums channel
- To write new fitness, health and ecommerce features for the Healthy Mums channel
- To write and update additional search features in the nutrition section
- To contribute to daily news meetings
- To contribute to weekly and monthly stats/content meetings
- Maintain and adhere to all content deadlines
- To be an ambassador of Hearst UK and its values.
- Required to undertake such further duties as your skills, qualifications and experience allow and/or as may be assigned to you from time to time.
Experience and skills:
- Proven experience writing and planning content for SEO
- Knowledge and interest in health and fitness
- Ecommerce experience beneficial
- Experienced in sourcing and interviewing experts
- Ability to use and act upon own initiative
- Ability to work to a tight deadline and deal with challenges calmly and efficiently
- Strong inter personal skills
- Ability to multi-task
Click APPLY NOW and please send a CV and covering letter with the subject line Digital Writer.