The Sun Online, Showbiz Reporter - Casual Shifts
4 days left
- Part Time
Job Title: Digital Showbiz Reporter (five shifts a week)
Full time - Weekend / Nights
We are: News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Unruly, a global ad tech company, and Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
Do you love celebrities, watching TV and getting paid for it? Do you enjoy working in an exciting, fast paced environment breaking the biggest and best showbiz stories? Do you want to work for the UK's No1 showbiz team? Well, we're hiring!
The Sun's digital showbiz team is looking for talented and passionate senior showbiz reporters to work on weekends and evenings to help us deliver exclusive entertainment news to our loyal audience who rely on us for all the daily gossip. You will be working in an exciting environment at The Sun writing about the biggest TV shows and the world's most famous faces.
You must have at least 3 years experience working as a showbiz journalist or be working on a celebrity website, be brimming with new ideas, have a bulging contacts book and thrive working in a fast paced newsroom environment.
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
- Great showbiz exclusive stories in The Sun often set the showbiz agenda and we are easily the leading source of news for all showbiz, digitally and in the paper
- Holding interviews and covering events
- Contributing exclusive stories on a daily basis
- Recognising and acting upon any potential legal issues and acting in accordance with the IPSO Code of Conduct
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous fact-checking
- Consulting with the TV & Showbiz Editor in order to resolve issues with stories and keeping line managers informed on changes that arise as stories develop
- Able to suggest new angles and feature ideas to news/features desks
- Help manage a desk of reporters and edit copy
- Must have and maintain a wide knowledge of showbiz and current affairs and trends through reading various titles as well as utilising other media platforms on a daily basis
- Encourage collaboration and support others, actively engaging with people in other teams
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Key Skills and Experience:
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive can-do attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.