Formative Content, Account Manager
This is Formative Content.
Over the last few years we’ve experienced substantial growth and have seen our award-winning content marketing agency go from strength to strength.
And we’re showing no signs of stopping.
Our global client base has come to expect excellence from us, as we continue to build and drive the success of some of the world’s biggest brands. We’re always on the lookout for new team members who are going to inspire their colleagues, develop their own personal skills and delight our clients.
At Formative, we believe strongly in the value of creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you require any reasonable adjustment in our process please don't hesitate to advise. We welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds.
This is an opportunity to join us on a full-time basis. This is a six month contract position. This role is predominantly working remotely with the ability to come to the Beaconsfield office once or twice a month.
We are on the lookout for a high performing candidate who has previous communications agency experience with proven account management experience and expertise. The Account Manager is responsible for daily planning, prioritising and managing the daily tasks required to ensure the successful delivery of content and campaigns for clients. The primary role of the Account Manager is to oversee the smooth running of the project on a day-to-day, month-by-month basis, adjusting priorities as requirements change and ensuring the client is updated on project status. The Account Manager is responsible for ensuring all actions are in hand and flagging any concerns to the Account Director and client, where appropriate.
AMs play an important role in leading client account teams, in particular Account Executives on client accounts, on the day-to-day running of projects, supporting the AD and SCE with overall account team leadership. The ability to build strong relationships with both the client and the internal team members is a critical aspect of the AM role.
- Day-to-day management of client accounts
- Client liaison to review and discuss content priorities and agree deadlines
- Management of client expectations e.g. delivery schedules, Work Back Plans
- Liaison with internal capacity team to discuss pinch points and agree client priorities
- Day-to-day liaison with the SCE to ensure timely delivery of content, re-assessing priorities and discussing assigning appropriate content creators
- Monitoring of deliverables against agreed scope of work, liaising with the Account Director to agree actions required
- Organising and attending regular client meetings
- Leading the agenda for client calls, supported by the AD
- Creation of monthly reports, for review by the AD
- Preparation of quarterly reports to support the AD
- Preparation of internal financial reports to support the AD
- Attending internal meetings
- Preparation of cost estimates and proposals for new projects
Skills and experience
- Quick thinking
- Strong relationship-building ability - internal and external
- Excellent communication skills
- Planning skills
- Team leadership and coordination skills
- Presentation skills
The above is indicative of the primary duties and is not intended as an exhaustive list of all aspects of the role. It may be updated periodically.
Our ways of working at Formative Content have shifted enormously because of the coronavirus pandemic, during which we've all been working entirely remotely. While we do eventually plan an optional return to our Beaconsfield newsroom for some Covid-secure in-office connection with team members, we see the future including a high level of remote working. We're therefore happy for our new team member to be located anywhere within the UK, on the understanding there will be times that visits to the office will be required - perhaps once or twice a month.
We have been fortunate enough to shift most of our culture, personal development and leadership principles to a remote environment. We believe that working at Formative Content is more than just a job. We work hard to build and maintain a fun, close-knit, high-performing and engaging culture. Every team member has an Individual Learning & Development plan which serves as a roadmap for their development activities throughout the year. Due to our growth story, we have the unique ability to offer opportunities and a career trajectory that few agencies can match. At the end of the day, we want our team members to not only love their work but the company as well. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Recruitment Agencies please note: we do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone or email outreach at this time.