GoFundMe, Communications Associate
7 days left
- Full Time
Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over £7 billion for a huge range of campaigns.
If you love news, the internet and changing lives, GoFundMe is the place for you. We help our community generate a huge volume of national and regional press coverage every day.
We are searching for a Communications Associate who will generate coverage and content to support GoFundMe campaign organisers. We’re looking for an ambitious, smart communicator who likes a challenge and thrives in a busy environment where execution is everything.
- Reporting to the Director, Northern Europe, you will be on the front line of helping GoFundMe campaign organisers make their campaigns as big as they can be
- Build and maintain strong relationships with reporters in the UK and successfully generate positive news on a regular basis by pitching a wide range of GoFundMe campaigns to the media
- Expand amplification efforts to make campaign organisers more successful through creative communication strategies and tactics
- Work directly with GoFundMe campaign organisers to help tell their stories
- Respond to reporter inquiries on an ongoing basis
- There will be opportunities to drive forward our marketing presence via a range of channels
- Pitch ideas for ways GoFundMe can inspire hope and change lives through giving
- Will be based out of our London office but work will initially be remote due to the pandemic
- BA/BsC or equivalent experience
- 2-3+ years experience in a busy communications environment e.g newsroom, political organisation/campaign group or technology company
- Write and communicate exceptionally
- Demonstrated creativity in driving communications and maximising media opportunities
- Experience or knowledge of email marketing, SEO and social media
Why you’ll love it at GoFundMe:
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide a pension retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, massages, a €600 wellness stipend, stock options, paid volunteer time, 10 paid sick days, 20 days paid time off, and a float holiday (i.e. for your birthday). (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organisation.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.