MoneySavingExpert, Money Writer
Why Join MoneySavingExpert.com?
MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE) is the UK’s biggest consumer and personal finance website. It provides millions of users with free, independent, editorially-led information about all things money. We’re dedicated to cutting consumer bills and fighting for financial justice for everyone. Put simply, we’re here to help people make the most of their cash
We get around 15m Money Savers to our website every month, many of whom come from our weekly email, which is full of exclusive deals, tricks and MoneySaving guides. We also have a forum with more than 1.5 million users.
But what really makes MSE stand-out from the crowd is the Editorial Code, which lies at the heart of everything we do. Regardless of your role at MSE, a big part of your role at MSE is to champion the consumer - and that makes us a truly unique, exciting and rewarding place to work. If you are inspired by what we do, and have the enthusiasm and skills we seek, joining MSE might just be the right next step for you.
Why Our Role?
As a Money Writer with MoneySavingExpert.com you’ll be passionate about helping others understand personal finance. You’ll have the ability to research and analyse complex money products or topics and to write accurately and engagingly about them. You’ll be (or become) an expert on topics including banking, savings, investments, credit cards and more.
The role has two main parts to it. The first part is to analyse products in these markets, and add the best to MoneySavingExpert’s on-site guides and tools. You’ll need to ensure the content in MSE’s guides, tools and weekly email is 100% accurate.
The second part is to build on that knowledge and expertise by pitching new and innovative ideas for blogs, news stories and new MoneySavingExpert site guides. Whether it’s a topic we don’t have content on yet, or a new fintech app you’re dying to review, you’ll have the chance to do that. Plus, we want you to pitch ideas and produce content for the MSE weekly email.
We’re a supportive and friendly team of four (to become five when we find our Money Analyst) and we’re looking for someone who’ll bring a comfort with numbers and great analytical ability to the team. The role’s based in MSE’s editorial team – it’s currently remote, but you’ll be based in our central London office in the longer term.
What will you be doing?
- Uploading information on new and existing products to the website, plus checking accuracy of product details in MoneySavingExpert guides, tools and the weekly email.
- Proactively sourcing and verifying information on new products that have entered the market. This will involve a mix of checking comparison websites, fielding calls from providers and proactively contacting providers regularly to ensure the information we display is most up to date and as comprehensive as it can possibly be.
- Keeping on top of market and industry changes and pitching ideas for the weekly email and the daily news meeting
- Writing accurate and easy-to-understand content for onsite guides and the weekly email, plus writing news stories and MoneySaving blogs
- Working collaboratively with other teams across MSE, including the data and product teams, to continually improve our guides, tools and calculators.
- Correctly prioritising workload to ensure all updates are completed within deadlines/target timeframes.
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Excellent analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Competent and happy dealing with numbers
- A way with words, making complex ideas easy to understand
- Proven ability to work to deadlines/targets
- A flexible and adaptable approach, with a desire to learn and grow
- A knack for spotting a story in data & bringing those stories to life
- Good communication skills
- The ability to react quickly to market changes
- Operational experience including effective time management & prioritisation skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the investment, banking, credit card and savings markets
- Experience of writing online
- Experience of using AEM content management system
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please be aware that, if you’re successful in securing this position, the offer will be subject to a range of colleague checks that may include: identity, right to work in the UK, credit, criminal record, references and, where relevant, professional qualifications
Click APPLY to visit our site and complete your application