PA Media Group, General News Reporter
A vacancy has arisen for a brilliant all-round reporter with a great work ethic to join UK’s national news agency.
What you’ll be doing …
- You will be covering a wide-range of stories, from court cases and inquests to royal visits and charity fundraisers and everything in between
- As well as reporting on the wide variety of news the day’s agenda brings we are looking for someone who can bring in their own off-diary exclusive and original material
- The successful applicant will be a self-starter with a passion for news who can produce accurate, fast, and fair copy and compelling stills and video
What you’ll need …
- You will need to be a team player who can write with clarity and authority on difficult and complicated issues but also bring a light touch to our more uplifting stories
Do you have …?
- A good knowledge of media law and the Ipso code?
- Experience of reporting at national, regional or agency level?
- An NCTJ-accredited qualification with 100wpm shorthand?
What we can offer …
In return for your commitment, you’ll join a team who work collaboratively to support one another. You can expect a competitive starting salary and we recognise your contribution to our continued success with an attractive benefits package which includes company pension scheme and 25 days annual leave.
This role will involve weekend and evening shift working.
We’re working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment and as well as your skills and experience we’re also focused on who you are and what else you can bring. We recognise the importance of a healthy work life balance.
We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early.
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.