The Grocer, Digital and Social Editor (12 mo. maternity cover)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Digital & Social Media Editor (maternity cover) to join The Grocer - the UK’s biggest, most interesting and most high-profile business media publication - for 12 months as maternity cover.
From writing engaging and lively reports on the latest trends in food and drink to shooting video interviews with industry leaders, helping shape our podcast strategy, bringing our magazine content to life online, and creating a buzz on social media, this is a varied and interesting role that would suit someone with at least three years’ experience as a multimedia journalist.
Reporting into the editor of thegrocer.co.uk, you’ll be joining The Grocer’s dedicated digital team at a time of exciting growth and development - as well as playing a vital role in helping the food and drink industry navigate the dual challenges of a global pandemic and Brexit.
The Grocer is the flagship of William Reed, a family-owned publishing, events and market research business, whose interests include operations in the UK, France, the US and Singapore.
- Pitch content ideas that attract new audiences to thegrocer.co.uk and build engagement with our existing users
- Write compelling features and reports that inform users about new trends and developments within the world of food and drink retail
- Use GoogleAnalytics to monitor the performance of our online content and use it to inform future pieces
- Optimise content produced by the rest of The Grocer team for the website to make sure it’s discoverable and clickable
- Shoot and video for commercial and editorial projects and promote it across social media
- Identify opportunities for video content and support other team members to develop their own video skills with ad hoc advice, training and troubleshooting
- Record and edit audio for The Grocer’s podcasts
- Make sure our digital content is shared across our social media platforms while keeping The Grocer’s style and tone of voice
What we’re looking for:
- Strong writing skills and at least three years journalism experience, ideally B2B
- The ability to quickly identify and prioritise key information from a wide and potentially conflicting range of sources in a cogent and compelling way
- Experience of using a CMS to upload and optimise content for web
- Experience creating social posts for a media brand across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Experience monitoring digital performance through analytics for a website and for social media
- Strong video and audio editing skills and experience with products such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition or Audacity
- Great video journalism instincts and the ability to record high quality create video interviews online and in-person (must be able to manage framing, lighting and audio on each shoot)
- Great communication skills to secure video interview opportunities with industry experts
- Desirable software skills: Adobe Photoshop, StreamYard (or other live streaming platforms), Camtasia, Audacity, Adobe After Effects.
Company benefits include:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
How to apply:
To apply please click the APPLY NOW button below, attach a covering letter explaining why you are right for the job, together with some clips or links that demonstrate your best work, and a copy of your CV.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.