Reach Nationals, Casual and Overtime Editorial Manager (maternity cover)
Reach plc is looking for a Casual and Overtime Staffing Editorial Manager. Within this role you will work closely with our Managing Editors team to ensure staffing numbers, spends and budgets align.
We are looking for a highly organised candidate who is confident with budgets and working closely with senior stakeholders.
This role is a maternity cover contract for 10 months.
So who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Daily Record, Daily Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Inputting of casual shifts for casual editorial workers.
- Submission of casual shifts to payroll weekly and monthly for pay deadlines.
- Inputing of Overtime payments for all employees.
- Management of Casual holiday and holiday reporting.
- Liaising with system admin to correct shift errors.
- Liaising with casuals to ensure shift inputs are correct.
- Weekly reporting on casual and overtime spend versus budgets.
- Updating managing editors of spend trends and budget management.
- Helping with maintaining the current casuals system.
- Helping and offer guidance with the implementation of the new casuals system being built.
- Management of enforced breaks for short-term casual workers.
- Meeting with department heads to discuss spends in departments and budgets.
- Liaising with HR and Payroll on ad hoc casual and overtime tasks
Who are we looking for?
- A analytical thinker when it comes to decision making.
- Someone with a proactive and confident personality
- Ability to display high levels of confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
- Demonstrates a logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Good timekeeper, punctual, working to tight and sometimes changing deadlines comfortably and with urgency.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.