The Times, Tempus editor
- Full Time
The Times is looking for an editor for our Tempus column.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and ambitious financial journalist to stamp their own style on the long established investment column and provide analysis of UK and international shares for Times readers
The successful candidate will help the business editor develop Tempus digitally and promote the column to a new generation of stock market investors.
Apply with a covering letter and your CV by April 11.
- Write the daily Tempus column in a distinctive and engaging way and contribute to The Times’s wider business coverage online and in print
- Promote Tempus by becoming an “investment voice” on Times Radio, at conferences and in the wider media
- Have a strong knowledge of social media and an ability to use it to increase our readership
- Be a self-starter and pitch strong ideas for all sections across print and digital
- Commands respect and authority on the subject of investment and is able to communicate that knowledge effectively in print, digital, radio and television as a representative of The Times
- Able to write across all sections and platforms seamlessly with particular attention to digital
Skills and experience
- Experience working as a writer or editor for a leading website or national newspaper
- Demonstrable interest in investment and business news
- Experience in digital and a commitment to growing our digital audience
- Knowledge and experience of SEO
- Ability to use social media platforms to engage new audiences for The Times
- Able to work autonomously and to strict deadlines
- A strong understanding of editorial compliance and regulatory issues
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.