The Times And Sunday Times, Features Sub-Editor
7 days left
- Full Time
The Times and The Sunday Times are looking for a sub-editor for the features production department.
The successful candidate will have worked in a production role on a national newspaper or for a digital publisher and have strong technical skills.
- Sub-edit copy and write headlines to a very high standard
- Support the head of features production and their deputies to publish the features sections
- on deadline on all platforms
- Understand the requirements and expectations of the various section editors in features
- Work with the features desks and production colleagues in design and pictures to
- produce features sections as efficiently as possible, meeting deadlines
- Flexible and committed, comes up with ideas about how to improve the edition
- Work across the different platforms, particularly when additional resources are required
Skills and experience
- Has experience as a sub-editor on a national newspaper or magazine with a demonstrable
- interest and enthusiasm for general features
- Imaginative in writing headlines and other page/digital furniture; aware of the relevance
- of search engine optimisation and metadata for the digital platforms
- Strong sub-editor who can work across platforms with a proven ability to edit copy
- quickly, accurately and to the highest standard
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to problem-solve and negotiate
- positive outcomes
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- A strong understanding of editorial compliance and regulatory issues
Apply with a covering letter and your CV by April 18.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.