Which?, Content Editor - Home products (6 mo. FTC)
We’re searching for an outstanding content editor to join the Home Products & Services team, to lead on developing, commissioning and editing reviews, news and advice on baby and family topics, including and everyday household products.
What you’ll be doing
Supporting the senior editor and head of home products & services, and working closely with the wider editorial team, you will help to set the direction and lead delivery of first class home products and appliances digital content across a range of topics, which could include anything from fridges and ovens, to cleaning products and air purifiers.
You’ll be brimming with ideas on how to improve and extend the content that Which? offers and how we better engage and retain our audiences, which incorporates both loyal paying subscribers as well as a sizable free-accessing audience. You’ll develop and maintain a high level of editorial expertise, and use this to drive improvements to our content against the organisation’s commercial KPIs, not-for-profit mission and editorial processes.
You’ll commission and edit high volumes of reviews, news and advice content, and continually interrogate the performance of existing content to ensure it continues to engage and inspire new and existing readers alike by making continual improvements.
As well as commissioning and editing content on home products and services topics, you’ll collaborate with colleagues across the wider organisation to improve our content experience, so excellent collaboration and influencing skills, along with a desire to lead, are a must.
What we’re looking for
Though there will be opportunities to commission for Which? magazine, day to day you’ll work predominantly on digital reviews and advice content on Which.co.uk, so significant digital content experience is a must - from understanding how to interpret analytics, to creating search and conversion optimised content. Perhaps your background is a digital savvy journalist/editor, or you are an experienced content manager looking for a change of pace and emphasis. If your experience is in product reviews, even better.
- Exceptional and proven commissioning, editing and writing skills.
- Track record of successfully editing and commissioning high quality, high reach content for consumer audiences across digital channels (print experience also desirable)
- Ability to inspire, organise and set clear direction for others
- Passion, knowledge and enthusiasm for relevant home topics and able to demonstrate affinity with the home products consumer audience
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, and keep a lot of plates spinning in an editorial team that oversees more than 8,000 product reviews and recommendations a year!
- A numerate, analytical mind with a sharp eye for detail.
- Excellent insight into consumer needs and desires, driven by a strong understanding of SEO, market intelligence, and data analytics
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and content management systems.
- Affinity and enthusiasm for Which?’s not-for-profit mission: campaigning for better consumer outcomes on behalf of all UK consumers.
About the rewards?
You get a competitive salary, 28 days' holiday, contributory pension, life assurance, private medical cover, health insurance, full Which? membership for free, 50% off making a will with Which? Wills.
About the Which? way of life?
We want you to do great work and enjoy it in a workplace that respects and empowers you. In 2019 we were a runner up in the medium-sized organisation category for Britain's Healthiest Workplace, and we signed up to the Time to Change employer pledge that protects staff against mental health discrimination. We're also a Stonewall accredited employer.
If this sounds like your ideal next role, then we want to hear from you! Click APPLY and let us know what makes you stand out from the crowd by sending us a covering letter and your CV. Applications open until Friday 9th April 2021.
At Which? we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We want to receive applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce helps us to understand and create a positive impact for consumers. We want to ensure that everybody can apply and be part of our recruitment processes, and therefore when required we make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates.