The Times and The Sunday Times, Audience Strategist
- Full Time
The Times and The Sunday Times are looking for an audience strategist to focus on creating and implementing ideas to grow and engage our audience. You will be responsible for running digital projects utilising various strands of the audience team as well as forward planning with all the editorial desks to identify areas of high digital opportunity.
You will make digital-first publishing plans that span seven days and get the most out of our content for subscriber engagement as well as promotional plans to find new audiences. You will closely analyse data and feed insights into commissioning editors as well as being a key ambassador for audience-led thinking among the sections you work with.
As part of the central Audience Development team you will attend team meetings that share insights, have the opportunity to teach and learn from your colleagues and benefit from a wealth of expertise in search engine optimisation, social media, newsletter and push, reader engagement and digital strategy.
Experience in travel is desirable but not required. Please indicate on your application any relevant experience you have.
- The ability to retrieve and interpret data, then effectively communicate relevant insights
- Excellent knowledge of third-party platforms and using them tactically to reach new audiences
- Good understanding of digital consumer behaviour and the ability to apply that knowledge to a subset of subscribers to increase engagement
- The ability to approach a large project from above to identify audience needs and decide the most relevant growth and engagement tactics to employ
- Experience with long-term planning and an ability to combine multiple different inputs, such as SEO keyword research with audience data and editorial trends, to derive new insights and recommendations for desks
This job is for you if
- You thrive on multi-disciplinary working and can work across different platforms efficiently
- You like to use a combination of data and audience empathy to get to know your readers and meet
- their needs
- You are an excellent communicator and comfortable with setting goals to meet targets across various departments and stakeholders
- You are passionate and excited about the future of journalism and keeping up to date with the latest digital trends
Apply with a covering letter and your CV by April 11.
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun.
News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company with independent national and local radio stations.
The digital development and strategy department includes data journalists, newsroom developers, multimedia journalists, interactive news producers and audience development experts.
These teams find and tell stories on our digital platforms in the most appropriate formats and empower the newsroom to present stories in new and innovative ways.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.