Deputy Managing Editor - (Mirror, Express, Star and Magazines)
We are looking for a Deputy Managing Editor who will work closely with our Managing Editors at Reach plc. Within this role you will be responsible for supporting our Managing Editors with a range of daily tasks to ensure the smooth running of our national editorial teams. Working across our National Titles (Mirror, Express, Star and Magazines, you will assist with the reporting on team budgets and spends, staffing requirements and Strategy implementation.
This role will be well suited to someone who is highly organised and can work within a fast-paced and varied role as you will work closely across various departments (Editorial, HR, Finance, Facilities).
So who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Daily Record, Daily Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
This role is a varied one, and so the role is not limited to just to duties outlined below:
- Within this role you will be fully integrated as the deputy for our Managing Editors and will take on additional duties in their absence.
- This role will liaise and work closely across departments to ensure the smooth running of our national editorial function. This will include, data analysis for decision-making, project management, preparing of information ahead of senior meetings, and liaising with HR and
- Finance to support in function changes/ costs.
You will support the Managing Editors with Union contact
- Liaising with our Finance team to help maintain and implement budgets and spend across the editorial teams.
- Cost reporting to department heads on a weekly basis on editorial staffing spend.
- Helping manage and deliver transformation projects.
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
- First and foremost we are looking for someone who is a strong communicator and someone who would describe themselves as a highly organised individual.
- Our industry, and business is fast-moving so you will like to work at speed whilst having a key eye for detail.
- You will be comfortable working in often time reframed situations and can take direction, whilst also having your own autonomy in making decisions.
- To be successful in this role working within a media/ publishing company previously before isn't essential however would be a benefit to the successful candidate.
- As this is a maternity cover contract, you will be a self starter and confident at hitting the ground running.
What can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.