French Property News, Staff Writer
An opportunity for a Staff Writer has arisen to join our market-leading title French Property News, which covers everything from gorgeous properties for sale in France to articles on the buying process, the different regions and real-life stories. The magazine is part of our France portfolio which includes sister title France Magazine and the websites CompleteFrance.com and FrancePropertyShop.com.
The role will involve writing regular pages and features, both print and online, along with social media and picture research as well as overseeing essential administrative tasks.
You will also assist the team with subbing and page proofing and maintaining the magazine’s high standards, so it is essential that you have an eye for accuracy. In addition to your responsibilities in the office, you may be required to attend some events such as exhibitions and press trips.
This is a full-time opportunity nicely split between office and home – our offices are based in Cheltenham so you will need to live within a commutable distance of this office.
YOU WILL HAVE:
- A passion/interest in France, ideally with French language skills
- Degree level education, preferably with a journalism / writing qualification
- Experience of writing for a magazine, newspaper, website or blog - either through work or education / pleasure.
- The ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously while remaining calm under pressure
- You should be a team player with excellent communication skills
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary paying up to £18,500
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free life assurance
- Pension 5% matched contribution
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- One volunteer day per annum
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click APPLY NOW and send your CV and a cover email explaining why you feel this opportunity is perfect for you.
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
We reserve the right to change the closing date at any time during the recruitment process, so please apply asap as we will be dealing with applications as soon as they arrive.