The Sun, Digital Consumer Reporter - 12 Month FTC
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun is the biggest news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
The award-winning Sun Money team to write exclusive and agenda-leading news, features, campaigns and investigations.
Purpose of role: We are looking for a Digital Consumer Reporter to join our consumer team online.
Applications are welcome from news reporters who want to specialise as well as money and personal finance writers.
We would welcome applications from those with an interest in pensions, property, savings, insurance and money saving topics.
The role is full-time on 12-month full-time contract.
- Cover breaking news stories, write engaging features, while generating agenda-leading exclusives
- Suggest and write articles for campaigns and investigations
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to deliver vibrant and clean copy at speed
- Ability to write brilliant headlines in the famous Sun style
- Interpret complex research or information, boiling down the key facts and presenting them in a fun and engaging way for The Sun reader
Key Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of consumer, personal finance or money saving topics - and the contact book to back it up
- Experience of reporting on those topics for a national newspaper or magazine, online or in print
- Positive with a can-do attitude, who takes initiative and is a good team player
- A strong understanding of the Sun Online audience
- Knowledge of social media, SEO and online publishing
- Enthusiasm, imagination and a notebook full of ideas are all essential
- Being a self-starter is key – and you will need to thrive under the pressure of a busy newsroom
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Flexible Working: At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.