SEO Editor - Reach plc (National Titles)
We are looking for an SEO Editor to join our nationals team. The successful candidate will take on a vital role in our SEO team, ensuring we are producing unique content to attract a new audience, maximising search opportunities relevant to our readership (whether that's Love Island or June 21st's full lockdown lift) and promoting search best practice among colleagues.
For this role we require someone who is highly experienced within SEO, and some familiarity with SEO tools (eg. Google Trends, Search Console, HitWise or SEM Rush)
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Act as a go-to person for editors and reporters seeking SEO advice
- Make daily recommendations to editors and reporters based on trending topics and breaking news
- Monitor daily output, ensuring SEO best practice is followed and making interventions where necessary
- Report on the performance of SEO strategies, highlighting successes, failures and any relevant learnings
- Create and/or optimise evergreen articles, tags and topic pages
- Identify search opportunities and content gaps, making proactive suggestions for how to drive search performance forwards
- Provide dedicated SEO support on key dates eg. Black Friday, general elections, royal weddings for example
- Monitor analytics to identify and report any insights or potential SEO issues
- Help develop SEO best practices and SEO guidance
- Keep up to date on industry developments and undertake competitor analysis. Support and feed back to the wider SEO team
Who are we looking for?
- You will have experience working in a news or digital publishing environment
- A good knowledge of SEO, and some familiarity with SEO tools (eg. Google Trends, Search Console, HitWise or SEM Rush)
- A confident and proactive communicator
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.