The Telegraph, Newsletter Editor
As Newsletter Editor you will help build and strengthen The Telegraph’s relationship with its readers by crafting, editing, curating, and producing bespoke emails.
The role will touch on all areas of The Telegraph’s coverage - from beauty to Brexit, rugby to royals.
You’ll therefore need to be adept at building relationships across the newsroom, have great digital skills and be confident curating and editing high-quality content at speed.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- Producing, editing and occasionally writing bespoke email newsletters across a wide variety of topics
- Leveraging and managing key editorial and design talent to ensure The Telegraph’s newsletters maintain our highest standards
- Collaborating with the Head of Editorial Newsletters and key editorial stakeholders to develop new newsletter strands and series
- Using data to inform decisions around editorial content
- Working with individual newsletter editors to optimise their products
- Excellent editing skills and proven ability to produce the highest quality work on a consistent basis, to tight deadlines (Essential)
- Experience in curating high-quality editorial content for engaged audiences (Essential)
- Excellent understanding of The Telegraph’s brands and journalistic values, both in digital and in print (Essential)
- Broad interests and expertise in at least two of the following editorial areas: Sport, Lifestyle, News, Politics, Business, Personal Finance, Technology, Travel (Essential)
- Exceptional attention to detail (Essential)
- Direct experience editing newsletters is not essential but an understanding of what makes them unique from other publishing media is (Essential)
- Experience using a variety of digital publishing / CMS systems (Desirable)
- Ability to manage and interpret data (Desirable)
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.