Beauty Writer - Magazines
The Reach beauty team - working across OK!, OK! online, New, Notebook, S Magazine, Saturday and TV Life - are looking for a brilliant new beauty writer. We are looking for a talented writer with a real passion for this topic who can take our beauty content to the next level.
You will cover everything from celebrity looks and collaborations to beauty trends, tricks and launches.
For this role, we are looking for somebody who can work at a fast pace, generate a constant stream of exciting ideas and write about beauty with flair, knowledge and wit.
Experience in digital uploading and/or video production would be an advantage.
As part of your application, we are keen to see any pieces you have written that showcase your writing skills and style, whether for digital or print.
Ideally, you will have previous experience in a similar beauty role at a fast paced newspaper, magazine or digital publishing house. However will consider applicants who have a genuine love for beauty, coupled with a stand-out writing voice and a background in a different area of lifestyle journalism.
To be successful in this role you must have previous experience working for a recognised print or digital title due to the nature of this role. This role is working 4 days a week.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
Conceive, create and write engaging beauty content for our digital and print publications.
Keep abreast of beauty and celebrity trends across all social media platforms, bring stories to our readers first and help to build a loyal online and print readership.
Create engaging video content for our online platforms.
Have the creative freedom to develop your own ideas for story angles and exclusives.
Interview celebrities and industry experts for exclusives that can be used across our publications.
The Ideal Candidate
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for a confident, talented writer who has a clear passion for beauty and can produce sparkling copy at speed.
- You will understand how to create a strong story that will resonate with our readers and have a good understanding of the Reach titles and our audiences.
- You will have a passion for celebrity news and extensive knowledge of all social media platforms.
- You will be able to adapt your writing style for different titles within Reach.
- You will have experience in digital production or the ability to learn quickly.
- A formal NCTJ qualification and media law qualification isn't essential, however it would be beneficial.
We are offering a competitive salary benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.