Reporter - LatinFinance
LatinFinance - Reporter
LatinFinance is seeking a news reporter to join a growing local and regional editorial team.
An integrated publishing and events business, LatinFinance has provided incisive news and commentary about finance and capital markets in Latin America and the Caribbean for over three decades through its award-winning flagship magazine and its digital platforms.
A successful candidate must be able to develop relationships with senior market participants, while developing and writing daily news items and long-form magazine features.
The reporter will:
- Break news from the capital markets, in both New York and Latin America, for digital daily newsletters and LatinFinance
- Generate original feature story ideas, exclusive interviews with top decision-makers in both the financial markets and governments
- Write feature articles for the quarterly magazine
- Moderate panel discussions at LatinFinance conferences and other events
- Be able to travel throughout Latin America and the US when necessary/possible
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent writer with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience and willingness to learn
- Be able to analyze complex financial and economic data
- Have a clear understanding of how capital markets operate
- Be able to interact effectively with senior decision-makers in government, business and finance
- Speaking and writing Spanish (preferred). Knowledge of Portuguese is an added advantage.
This position is remote to our New York-based editorial team. We offer competitive salary and benefits, including 401K. Interested candidates please click APPLY NOW and send resume with cover letter and include links to articles you have written or edited.