ESG Communications, Account Executive
1 day left
- Full Time
ESG Communications is a boutique public relations agency specialising in responsible investment and sustainability. This role is at the heart of a small collegiate team and you will lend your support to colleagues on research, media activity and client liaison.
This is a full-time contract, with a three-month probationary period within a small, dedicated team. We are based in East London, near the City, with flexibility around working from home.
ESG Communications supports equal opportunities and all our roles are open to applications from all sections of society. We believe you should be free to be who you want to be regardless of race, religion, ethnic origin, different physical ability, sexual orientation or gender identity. We also believe diversity brings extra value to our team.
- You will be working directly with clients or helping more experienced Account Directors with media activity such as preparing distribution lists, drafting press releases, pitching releases to journalists and preparing coverage packs.
- You will produce well-written content including social media posts, opinion articles, blogs and report materials.
- You will be the face of ESG Communications with several clients and participating in client meetings.
- You will also be helping our Director to run and promote ESG Communications, including taking responsibility for our website, journalist database, news planning and social media. You may also line manage any interns or more junior team members in the months to come.
- You will be liaising with designers to help with graphics for reports or social media posts.
- You should have an interest in and/or knowledge of responsible investment, ESG and sustainability. You are familiar with organisations like the PRI and CDP.
- You enjoy writing and are good at stripping out jargon to write engaging content.
- You have experience of social media and would enjoy getting involved in tweets and posts for both ESG Comms and our clients.
- You have some experience of working with press releases or media campaigns and are interested in building relations with journalists.
- You are a confident project manager. Able to competently manage the production of a designed document or a media campaign.
- You will be a flexible member of a small team, helping out with other workloads and new business pitches as required.
- You are able to work with designers to deliver communication campaigns through social media and interested in exploring new digital tools. Experience in Canver, Photoshop (or other design software) and mailing tools like MailChimp is an advantage.
- You are professional and polite with clients.
- You are unphased by tight deadlines
- You are organised and independent – able to be left with a project and run with it.
If you’re interested in the role please click APPLY NOW and send a CV and short cover note explaining why by Friday 16 April 2021.