Quilter, External Communications Executive
Quilter is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management both in the UK and internationally, overseeing £114.9 billion in investments (as at 31 March 2019) on behalf of over 900,000 customers. It is listed on the London and Johannesburg stock exchanges.
The Quilter group companies operate principally in two main segments: Advice & Wealth Management and Wealth Platforms. Over the next two years it is gradually renaming each of the companies to align with the Quilter name.
Advice and Wealth Management
Our Advice and Wealth Management segment includes:
- Quilter Financial Planning
- Quilter Private Client Advisers
- Quilter Investors (Multi-asset investment solutions)
- Quilter Cheviot (discretionary fund managers)
- Our Wealth Platforms segment comprises of;
- Old Mutual Wealth UK Platform
- Old Mutual Wealth Heritage Life Assurance
- Old Mutual International (including AAM Advisory in Singapore)
For more information about Quilter click here
Main purpose of role:
The Corporate Affairs team supports and challenges Quilter to achieve its strategic vision and priorities by helping it to build and maintain the trust, confidence and respect of its stakeholders.
The External Communications Executive will support Quilter’s PR and media communications aligned to its Corporate Affairs purpose and objectives as well as other elements as appropriate, such as reputation management, public affairs, responsible business, and stakeholder engagement activity.
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with journalists, bloggers and other media influencers to proactively tell Quilter’s story and maximise Quilter’s positive share of voice.
- Support relationships with key internal stakeholders (e.g. spokespeople).
- Support on specific areas of Quilter’s external communications plans, including writing press releases, features and positon papers.
- Support marketing, internal communications and social media, as appropriate.
- Support Quilter’s External Communications Managers to oversee and mitigate any risks that could impact Quilter’s reputation.
- Support research, as appropriate, to inform external communications
- Managing incoming inquiries from external stakeholders, specifically media
Key Behavioural Skills:
The External Communications Executive will be expected to have the following skills:
- Credible and professional with strong personal integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain stakeholder relationships
- Clear communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- Delivery focused and ability to adapt to fast-paced changing agenda
- Strong team player able to work effectively across functions and businesses
The External Communications Executive will be expected to embody the Quilter values:
- Innovate, take bold steps forward
- Stand up for what’s right
- Question convention and stay curious
- Use expertise to deliver on promises
- Persevere to get the right outcome
- Act with focus and care
- Collaborate, learn from experience, and adapt
- Share openly and transparently
- Listen, to include new perspectives
- Educated to degree level as minimum.
- Evidence of ongoing professional training and development desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in financial services sector or relevant related field
- Experience of working in a communications role
- Experience of working in Media Relations and PR.
Conduct rules and ‘fit and proper’ requirements:
As a Quilter employee you are expected to demonstrate adherence to the following FCA Conduct Rules and Standards:
- You must act with integrity.
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence.
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators.
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
Inclusion & Diversity:
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture which embraces diversity.
We promote equal opportunities and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability.
We select candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.
Click 'Apply' now.