The Times and Sunday Times, Editorial Director
6 days left
- Full Time
The Times and The Sunday Times are looking for an editorial director to work on commercial projects across digital and print.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of editorial as well as significant digital and commercial experience. They can expect to work closely with commercial, marketing and technology to help develop new revenue streams for TNL.
Apply with your CV and a covering letter by April 21.
- Lead editorial commercial projects such as Money Mentor, SME, Times Travel, Style and Property
- Work with the editors, commercial and marketing to grow audience, traffic and digital revenue on these platforms
- Grow and engage a high-value audience across print, digital, radio and social platforms to meet commercial revenue target.
- Uphold editorial standards and ensure copy is produced in line with the style guide
- Manage planning with commercial and editorial
- Work closely with the TNL digital, technology and commercial teams to launch digital products, meeting defined objectives on content, audience growth and engagement
- Develop successful working relationships with marketing, commercial and new business ventures, especially in support of our digital strategy
- Meet commercial partners and represent The Times and The Sunday Times at industry events.
Skills and experience
- Experience leading an editorial team at a national newspaper or magazine
- Strong commercial capability.
- Strong level of expertise of multi-platform digital news products and using SEO to maximise traffic
- Persuasive presentation skills, well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to problem-solve and negotiate positive outcomes
- Able to communicate succinctly and effectively
- Experience of working to deliver against a set of agreed KPIs, working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams to achieve them
- A strong understanding of editorial compliance and regulatory issues
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.