News Editor - Sunday Mirror and Sunday People
The Sunday Mirror and Sunday People is looking for a News Editor to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a vital role in our newsroom.
The ideal candidate will have a strong and proven track record in journalism producing exclusives for national papers.
Reporting to the Head of News, you will be full of ideas for agenda-setting stories and instinctively know how to drive the week's key stories forwards.
You will have newsdesk experience on a national title, agency, or a busy daily regional title and have strong organisational and people skills.
So, who are we?
Reach plc is home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Working with the Head of News and reporters to generate ideas and exclusive stories
- Helping lead our team of reporters covering news stories, investigations and campaigns
- Presenting the news list and stories to the editor in conference when required
- Finding and develop stories that will appeal to our readers
- Editing and managing copy to tight deadlines while ensuring accuracy
Who are we looking for?
- Have a strong and proven track record in journalism generating exclusives for national papers
- Display exceptional attention to detail and a high level of professionalism
- Have excellent people management skills and be a good motivator
- Have excellent contacts within the industry
Be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Display sound judgement and initiative with the ability to make critical decisions in a high-pressure environment
- Have excellent and comprehensive legal and IPSO knowledge
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.