The Telegraph, Homepage Producer
As a Homepage Producer, you will ensure the Telegraph.co.uk and Telegraph app homepages present a compelling offer for our audience by selecting stories, writing headlines, and choosing pictures that engage readers. You'll also guarantee all content on the front page of Telegraph.co.uk meets the standards expected of a world-class news website.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- Present stories, as directed by the on-duty website editor, in the most compelling way, with the sharpest headlines and best use of images.
- Ensure the presentation of the homepage and app reflects the interests of our subscribers and is in line with the tone and consistency expected of the Telegraph brand.
- Work with the Online Picture Editor and design team to select the right images and produce brilliant, innovative illustrations for the homepage.
- Send lively and eye-catching notifications for breaking stories to the Telegraph app and other platforms that host our content.
- Optimise the homepage for the App and mobile platform.
- Ensure content selected for the homepage meets the Telegraph’s high quality of digital publishing.
- Monitor analytics and work with the SEO and Social Media team to help grow our audience, and to ensure it is engaged and referred appropriately.
- Experience with a respected website, national or regional newspaper or broadcaster - particularly within a breaking news environment.
- Sound news judgment.
- An understanding of the Telegraph audience and subscription model.
- Ability to write headlines with a variety of tones.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Expertise in digital publishing, with knowledge of SEO a prerequisite.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.