The Telegraph, Senior Audience Analyst
The Senior Audience Analyst will work across the newsroom to identify high performing content, provide editorial insights, track performance and make recommendations for improvement.
Working on the newsroom floor, the Audience team is an integral part of the publication and promotion process, influencing decisions and making recommendations to journalists throughout the day.
The successful candidate will work closely with a variety of desks across a range of newsworthy topics, as well as our range of longstanding, high-performing content.
You can expect a fast-paced environment where no day is the same. The output is heavily influenced by the news agenda, and we take a flexible approach to the day’s work as priorities can quickly change.
We also work closely with a variety of digital journalism teams, including Social, Graphics, Video and Analytics, to provide a holistic approach to digital publishing, so you’ll have the opportunity to build and develop close ties with these teams.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
- Investigate top performing stories to determine reasons for success and how to replicate this.
- Flag underperforming content, providing recommendations on why it is underperforming and what would rectify this.
- Provide regular insights into our daily, weekly and long term performance and how this should affect Audience strategy.
- Work with all Audience teams to provide data-based recommendations to ensure Telegraph audience is reached on the right platform.
- Build dashboards and reports for relevant editorial and publishing desks where necessary.
- Work closely with our Insight & Analytics team using their data to build an understanding of audience habits, and have input into strategy.
- Benchmark and monitor new initiatives around the newsroom, providing feedback on success and improvement areas.
- Manage Audience Analyst’s workload ensuring time is spent with each Audience team on a regular basis.
- Provide real-time insights into content performance and chase desks on implementation of recommendations.
- Demonstrable experience working with data to uncover insights and inform strategy.
- A keen interest in publishing and news/current affairs.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confident approach to building relationships with different teams.
- Data-driven mindset.
- Proactive and motivated.
- Ability to work independently.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.