Alexander, Assistant Editor
Alexander is seeking an ambitious, motivated Assistant Editor to join an innovative, international and diverse team.
Alexander publishes long-form stories from major international writers read by prestige talent. The Assistant Editor will support the Editor in researching, commissioning, editing and delivering true features from international creative talent: journalists, storytellers and writers of fiction and nonfiction.
The successful applicant will ideally with a minimum 4 years of commissioning content and a wide and established network of contacts in publishing and journalism.
- Assist on Alexander's work with major writing talent and their representatives, commissioning big, bold and beautiful true features for a global audience
- Manage outreach and communication with agents and writers
- Feed into Alexander's development process, matching ideas to talent
- Foster a strong network of contacts in primarily the US, UK and international publishing and feature writing
- Work with authors to support them on assignments and during drafting periods
- Assist with the editing of longform features for publication
- Write summaries, blurbs and promotional material to assist Alexander's multimedia production team
- Minimum of 4 years working at editorial level in publishing or narrative feature commissioning
- Fearless, confident editing skills combined with a love of language and style
- Deep knowledge of the publishing industry and a nose for identifying new talent and how to work to get the best from established talent
- Rigorous time management skills and demonstrable experience of managing projects to deadline is essential
- The successful applicant will have a live, enthusiastic disposition, be an excellent communicator verbally and in writing.
Click APPLY NOW and send us your CV and covering letter.