The Knowledge, Audience Engagement Editor
Who we are:
The Knowledge is an expertly curated digital digest, cutting through the noise of the news. Brought to you by the founder of The Week, Jon Connell, The Knowledge gives you exactly what you need to know from the vast world of online and offline news and commentary. Our team of editors curate the best and most intriguing articles, podcasts, videos (and memes!) for you to devour, bringing you the best of long-form journalism digested into coffee-break-sized chunks.
The publication is aimed at intelligent, busy professionals aged 35 to 50 who are short of time and struggle to cope with the endless deluge of information from the internet and social media but need to feel up to speed with what is going on, and is backed by DMG Media.
The Knowledge is looking for a dynamic Audience Engagement Editor to create and execute a data-driven audience growth strategy across all social media platforms to the benefit of editorial, marketing and commercial content.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating engaging content to grow our audience across multiple social media platforms, combining data-based approach with the unique The Knowledge editorial voice (familiarity with picture/video artwork creation tools such as Photoshop essential).
- Using scheduling tools to keep our feeds populated both inside and outside of office hours according to your social content schedule.
- Strategy creation and execution of data-driven growth tactics to increase social engagement on a 24/7 schedule of content.
- Own and lead regular analysis of articles, feeding back to the Editor to optimise existing content and future output.
- Tracking of all key performance metrics; building weekly & monthly reports in addition to ad hoc investigations.
- Lead the team’s SEO efforts by providing regular advice both in realtime and via regular team meetings.
- Act as the team’s eyes and ears on social, SEO and all analytics platforms, alerting the team to breaking events, trending topics and feeding into the editorial workflow to maximise traffic.
- Plan and execute strategy to activate video; including editorial journey, program calendar, media & social strategy.
- Harness the power of social media to guarantee the success of native advertising and creative campaigns, with the entertainment of The Knowledge’s audience retention at front of mind.
- Be a super-user of and train editorial team on tools including Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Tubular, Crowdtangle etc
- Lots of ideas that bring The Knowledge to life on social media.
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills with great attention to detail
- Mastery of social media channels and platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Linked In, TikTok
- Proven experience using and acting on data collected from key analytics tools: Google Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics and others
- Proven ability to “bring data to life” through visualisation software (Tableau, Excel etc), dashboards or other means
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, inquisitive approach to everything, and an insatiable desire to be a part of a growing and creative digital company
- Additional desirable skills include:
- Experience with content management systems
We are committed to increasing diversity and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We are Disability Confident Committed. Please let us know if you require any recruitment documentation in other formats or if you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process. Please be assured that any such information will be held separately to your recruitment application and will not be considered as part of the selection process.