The Sun, Social Media Manager
- Full Time
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun is the biggest news brand in the UK, publishing hundreds of stories a day and reaching over 170m unique users digitally every month. Our exclusives set the news agenda and our campaigns have changed the lives of many.
Purpose of Role:
At a time of significant digital growth and expansion for The Sun we’re looking for a talented, highly motivated, resourceful individual, with a deep knowledge of social media platforms to join our flourishing Sport Audience team at the heart of the newsroom. The role will be working to develop the social audience of our Dream Team fantasy football game and other Betting & Gaming products and initiatives, so an understanding of fantasy football and betting and gaming in general is desirable.
● Play a key role in the ongoing development and execution of Betting & Gaming social media strategy.
● Curate Betting & Gaming content from across Dream Team and Sun Sport to satisfy a diverse range of audience demographics.
● Edit and maintain Dream Team’s social media channels to a high standard in close conjunction with the rest of the team.
● Work closely with the team to define best practice when it comes to betting & gaming content on social, across brands such as Dream Team and Sun Racing.
● Work directly with editorial, digital, video, picture, design, commercial and marketing teams, ensuring their respective demands are met.
● Ensure Dream Team’s core content pillars of fantasy football and betting retain a strong presence across all social media channels.
● Assist in managing Betting & Gaming’s relationship with the commercial team around promotional content, whilst playing a key role in the social media strategy for upcoming commercial projects.
● Contribute to adoption of emerging social platforms and tools, and take responsibility for the growth of new social channels.
● Focus on targets and be clear on what is required in order to meet them.
● Work flexibly, including evening and weekend shifts.
Key skills and experience:
● Deep knowledge of social media platforms and sports news
● A passion and knowledge of fantasy football and betting
● Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
● Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
● Positive attitude and good team player
● Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
● Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
● Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
Flexible Working: At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.