Stylus, Senior Editor - Pop Culture & Media
3 days left
- Full Time
Position: Senior Editor, Pop Culture & Media
Reports to: Director of Brand Engagement (Retail & Brand Comms, Pop Culture & Media)
Stylus is a leading consumer trends and innovation research company with offices in London, New York, Australia, Brazil and Japan. We’re looking for a full-time Senior Editor to join our content team in London (the position will largely be remote for the short term).
We're Looking For
An experienced editor to manage and develop our Pop Culture & Media division – covering brand engagement strategies, insights and innovations across internet culture, social media, gaming, music, entertainment and publishing.
The ideal candidate must be well-versed in trends and innovations that brands need to know to better engage consumers. Key skills are the ability to identify and analyse both the micro changes and macro shifts in pop culture and media (and their intersections) that offer commercial opportunities for our clients, ensuring they stay ahead of the curve in developing their businesses.
A natural communicator with a global outlook and a highly strategic commercial mindset, you’ll be happy to manage a growing team in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Assist the Director of Brand Engagement and Pop Culture & Media (PC&M) Editor in the short- and long-term strategic development of the PC&M directory, alongside the ‘sister’ directory Retail & Brand Comms – including crafting a live publishing schedule and developing new formats and modes of reporting
- On occasion, you may be required to deputise for the Director of Brand Engagement
- Oversee and edit all day-to-day work relating to the PC&M directory, including managing the work of the PC&M Editor
- Line management of Editor, ensuring support, mentoring and development of team
- Source and commission global industry experts and support teams (contributing writers, researchers, in-the-field practitioners, academics and sector commentators) to keep Stylus at the cutting edge of critical thinking
- Create and deliver presentation decks on both industry-specific and trans-sector topics, in relation to the PC&M directory subjects
- Assist other Stylus Editors in developing their content in instances where there is a significant PC&M overlap
- Support Stylus’ Commercial and Client Services teams with understanding how to use the PC&M content most effectively, at times liaising directly with clients
- Script and present podcasts, webinars, short-form videos and other multimedia content formats
- Represent Stylus as a public speaker at seminars, conferences, press events or media opportunities and other key industry forums
- Monitor key internal data sets to ensure the PC&M content is consistently responsive to current business needs
- Provide feedback on Stylus.com UX and site development
Who You'll Be
- You’ll have a graduate degree and preferably experience as a trends analyst, strategic planner, or journalist, able to succinctly synthesise information from multiple sources to deliver clear commercial insights
- Exceptionally articulate. While English doesn’t need to be your native language, you’ll need an exceptional command of the English language in both writing and speech, able to leverage it with nuance and flair
- Highly organised. Planning is key. You’ll be comfortable with both short- and long-term scheduling, able to shuffle ideas and resources to most effectively flex to changing priorities
- Commercially astute. It’s important that you have a solid understanding of how our clients’ businesses and sectors work, and the kinds of challenges they’re currently facing
- Tech conversant. With dissecting internet culture critical to the PC&M directory, you should have a good understanding of emerging technologies and social media platforms and influencers, as well as their impact on consumer behaviour and market dynamics
- Generously opinionated. You should be able to deliver considered perspectives on any topic relating to the Pop Culture & Media sectors, supported by both objective fact and strategic conviction
- A competent storyteller. You should have an intuitive ability to describe complex concepts in a clear, concise and compelling way, to both intimate and large-scale audiences
- Comfortable with (sometimes) being uncomfortable. Being happy to step outside your own experience is key to what we do. You’ll be happy to explore new ideas, territories and ways of thinking to ensure your insights are as robust and forward-thinking as possible
Stylus recognises the impact an inclusive workforce has on driving innovation. We are committed to nurturing a team that is representative of all sections of society, and for each employee to feel respected, regardless of differences in race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, protected veteran status, age and ethnic background, as well as differences in lifestyle and experience.