The Sun Online, Live Blog Reporter
The Sun Online is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a young, talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Purpose of role: To produce, update and edit outstanding live blogs across a wide variety of subjects for The Sun Online
- Taking ownership of live blogs on topics as diverse as breaking news & politics to coronavirus, live TV shows, major tech announcements & the Royal Family
- Launching, editing and maintaining new live blogs during breaking news events.
- Exploring all the angles to achieve maximum SEO, social and homepage benefit
- Keeping our readers at the heart of everything and obsessing about numbers
- Recognising and acting upon any potential legal issues and acting in accordance with the PCC Code of Conduct
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous fact-checking
- Must have and maintain a wide knowledge of news, showbiz, current affairs and trends through reading various titles as well as utilising other media platforms on a daily basis
- Encourage collaboration and support others, actively engaging with people in other teams and departments
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Key Skills and Experience:
- Wide knowledge of news, showbiz, current affairs and trends
- Good understanding and experience of adhering to SEO best practices
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Proactive and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.