TV Reporter - Daily Star
Daily Star has an opening for a digital TV Reporter to join their team. We are looking for an experienced digital journalist that knows all there is to know about the TV world. We want to give our readers all the real need to know on what's happening in all the big soaps both on and off the small screen, TV our viewers should be watching and everything in between!
So if you are an experienced reporter with a love of all things TV, we want to hear from you!
This is a shift based role and includes days, nights, weekends and occasional overnights. The role will be predominantly home based, with some requirements to work from our London office (Canary Wharf)
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Star, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Writing TV news content, interviewing celebrities, covering live TV shows and being across the latest showbiz news and pitch exclusives, allowing us to give our audience great content throughout the day.
- Uploading content into our CMS with high focus on user experience.
- Working to tight deadlines and hit high targets, with the ability to turn work around at a fast rate.
- Understanding the Daily Star brand and be fully aware of what drives traffic to the site, and what our social media followers like and engage with.
- Developing and pitching original ideas in editorial and planning meetings.
- And of course, bringing our readers the very best in exclusive content!
Who are we looking for?
- For this position we do require candidates to have an NCTJ or equivalent journalism degree and knowledge of media law for this position
- You will have previous experience in a fast-paced national newsroom or magazine
- A real flair for social media and what drives traffic, engagement and likes
- Strong interest in TV and Celebrity based news and content
- A good knowledge of SEO best practice
- Exceptional writing skills
- Advanced interviewing skills
- Experience of red carpet and event coverage would be ideal, but not essential
- Experience using a CMS system
- A good contacts book!
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.