Property Writer (12 month FTC)
Reach PLC is looking for a Property Writer to create content for our newsletters and Reach titles on a 12m fixed term contract. The right candidate will be part of our Content Commercialisation team, which sits within our Reach Solutions team, and will write property related news and features to drive traffic and revenue, in a fast paced and varied role.
Our ambition is to continue to expand and develop our consumer content across Reach PLC, offering our audiences authoritative, engaging and informative guides, features, case studies, news stories and information about relevant services.
If you are a journalist with lots of entrepreneurial flair and UK property industry experience, who is commercially savvy and bursting with lots of creative ideas, we want to hear from you.
So who are we?
You might not have heard of us, but we have probably met without you even realising it. Reach plc is home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and of course, the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories, because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Writing snappy, engaging and informative property related content for our newsletters and websites, as well as creating content for our commercial partners.
- Uploading, editing and publishing content to our CMS and newsletter platforms.
- Be a part of a small yet dynamic team that creates interesting and engaging editorial content that creates revenue.
- Work with our wider editorial, social and SEO teams to deliver content that is on brand, and seamlessly integrates commerce and content, whilst driving traffic and growing our audience.
- Act as an evangelist for the concept of content commercialisation within the wider business, providing support and best practice guidelines to wider editorial teams when required.
- Support the commercial Digital Partnerships team by creating compelling content that drives users to partner services and products.
- Track revenue and conversion of content created and provide reports and insights for the wider teams where necessary.
- Confidently use branded social media platforms to promote content.
Who are we looking for?
- A journalist with impeccable writing ability and proven digital experience (a minimum of one year's experience required).
- Has a solid understanding, background and interest in the property industry.
- Can confidently write long and short-form content for newsletters, websites and social platforms.
- Works to a high standard under tight deadlines and is flexible in approach and attitude to work.
- Has good working knowledge of SEO and an ability to generate content using the latest search trends is a must.
- Has strong PR relationships to help source the best stories, case studies and exclusives.
- A data geek who can confidently use a range of analytical tools (Google Analytics, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Semrush or similar) and data to drive revenue and traffic.
- Commercially switched on and an excellent communicator.
- Good design sense and basic Photoshop skills favourable.
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.