Newsweek, Digital Analyst
5 days left
- Full Time
The Digital Analyst will work closely with the Newsweek Editorial team, presenting daily reports that support and stimulate debate among journalists who are experts in their field but not in analytics.
Among other responsibilities, the Digital Analyst is responsible for gathering, structuring, and analyzing data to derive compelling insights that drive the optimization of our media properties.
You will develop insightful recommendations and communicates these effectively with the various stakeholders and among cross-functional teams. Create, manage and distribute critical reports. Develop, maintain and troubleshoot integrated systems for collecting, managing and reporting on web analytics using our tools (Google Analytics, Google Trends, CMS, Chartbeat and others) and traditional reporting/analysis platforms (Google Data Studio, Google Sheets, Excel and other tools as needed).
You will be responsible for transforming raw data into actionable insights that ensure cross-departmental efforts are effectively driving incremental online engagement. You will develop internal search KPIs and success benchmarks; use data-driven analysis to increase revenue and productivity.
This role is situated in our Business Intelligence team and is a full-time position with the ability to work from home anywhere in the UK or from our Canary Wharf office in London. All staff are temporarily working from home due to the COVID-19 situation.
- Ensure relevant traffic and key performance metrics are captured in order to provide actionable insights. Document all data standards and processes as appropriate
- Perform deep analysis on audience data using internal data sources to discover insights on traffic sources and patterns, navigation behavior, and engagement. Work on stakeholder-specific analysis including campaign analysis, customer segmentation and profiling. Identify successes, trends, and potential problem areas. Provide insight on data trends and anomalies, making recommendations to improve business performance
- Create, manage and distribute data and insights via regular and ad-hoc reporting including graphical representation and written analysis utilizing online analytic tools and traditional reporting/analysis platforms
- Minimum three years of professional experience working with a publishing or online media company is a must
- Strong analytical skills, ability to manipulate and consolidate data from different sources
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented environment
- Proficiency communicating research results in written, visual and verbal form
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to initiate and drive projects; ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work under time pressures