British Baker, Reporter
British Baker is the leading title for the UK bakery sector. Our remit and reach includes national bakery brands, craft and artisan retail businesses, supermarket in-store bakeries, cake shops and coffee chains, wholesale and catering bakery suppliers, plus all allied equipment, ingredients and food-to-go companies.
The reporter role is a frontline position in the covering of this vibrant marketplace. The brand is also active in the sphere of online events, such as webinars, and face-to-face events, such as awards and competitions.
The reporter will:
- Create news, features and content that informs and inspires the British Baker audience
- Immerse themselves in the bakery industry to make contacts, gain information and demonstrate the brand’s value to the market
- Build social media engagement for the brand in agreement with the management team
- Help to develop a multimedia presence for British Baker using audio and video
- Promote the British Baker brand at events
Reporting directly to the Editor – British Baker, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working in collaboration with the deputy editor and editor to fill and create content for the editorial calendar, in line with the digital content strategy
- Sourcing and writing digital news
- Pitching, researching and writing engaging long form content for web and print publications, including features, analysis and profile pieces
- Contributing to the print magazine by researching and writing features and interviews
- Contributing to British Baker’s multimedia content by shooting and editing video
- Sharing the responsibility for sending the email newsletter with the rest of the team
What we’re looking for:
- A journalist with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Some previous journalism experience, ideally in a B2B environment
- A passion for delivering first-class content, both breaking news and long form articles
- The ability to represent the brand at in-house and external events, as well as networking
- Experience of using social media in a professional capacity is desirable
- Video shooting and editing skills, using Adobe Premiere Pro, are desirable
Why should you apply?
This is an excellent opportunity for an up and coming journalist to work on a market leading title in an innovative industry. Working in a small team, you will have a direct impact on the brand and will work alongside experienced journalists and hone your talents.
Please click APPLY NOW and send your CV and covering letter to us.